The Same But Different
Just a note to keep you updated on all the things that are happening. Sorry we haven’t been as diligent as we should but as you’ll see we have been busy. Some significant changes have been made. We are a local organization run by a local board doing what our community has asked for. Some of those things are happening and some are in the works.
We are open Monday-Friday 10-7
Updated class/meeting schedule:
- Tuesdays you are invited to come down and color. Adult coloring is all the rage right now but as our donations show it has been going on for a long time. We recently received a donation of coloring books that have been around for a sometime. Grab a couple friends, your own refreshments and come join us for an evening of conversation and relaxation, you might even get to meet coloring book author Rachael Jones, we now carry her coloring books here in the store.
- Wednesday at 5 every other week the Meet Up Group – Billings Online Entrepreneurs meets here sharing ideas on how their business is working and growing. The other Wednesdays are open to any other group looking for a place to meet.
- Thursdays are our Pinterest Parties! We have several Pinterest projects gathered up, you can stop in and create any of them any time the cost is from $10-$20. However, if you have a special project you would like to do just submit it to us, we’ll gather the materials. You are welcome to bring your friends and refreshments we’ll help you put it together.
- Saturdays we welcome families to come in and create. No age limit, you name it we have it for a fun family event.
- The first and third Saturday of June, July and August we will be hosting Flea Market Saturday from 9-2 in the parking lot cost will be $25 a Saturday or $100 for all 6.
- Sunday is our give back with Pallet Parties. We will give you the suggested retail cost and ask you to donate that either in time, material or money. We will be choosing a Kids project to donate the proceeds to. We will be doing one project a month it may take you more than one Sunday to finish it. There will be a limit of 8 people a week so sign up early on our web site Scrapinbillings.com to make sure you have a spot. May project is a potter bench.
It’s All About the Kids
We are working with several other nonprofit organizations on projects to improve our community. We are helping the Better Billings Foundation with building Book Nooks to be placed around Billings. If you would like to have one placed in your yard, please let us know and we will see what can be done. If you would like to sponsor one or more we are open to that also. We are also putting together a Sip n Sew to make blankets and pillow cases for the Blankets & Bears organization that is hoping to give out 700 Blanket Bundles this year. We will be posting these times and they get confirmed.
If you belong to an organization that benefits the youth of our area, we would be interested in visiting about how we can help.
Yes, We Need to Raise Money
Our focus right now is our annual fundraiser. We are launching our yearly fundraiser, along with a local membership to use our facilities. The fund raiser supports our long term goal of helping kids in getting more arts and culture, the membership drives the only available maker space in Billings.
First Annual Magic City Makeover
We are looking for Sponsors, Vendor/Advertisers, Contestants and treasure hunters. Details will be posted shortly, please stay with us and check it out to see how you would like to help.
Magic City Makerspace is Accepting Members
This is a member only maker space. With your membership you gain access to a shared work space, tools and library. We are continuing to gain tools that members will have available to use. We currently have woodworking tools, photography studio, work space, basic mat cutting and framing, paint sprayer and air tools, silk screening, and glass cutting. We accept donations of any types of tools that could be shared. The first class in the works is a Safety and Training class for woodworking tools. Watch for dates and times. All members need to complete this class before they can work on their own in the woodshop.
We Need You
We are always looking for volunteers to serve on our Board, Advisory council, Upcycle Boutique, and Donation center. If you have a passion for fabric, paper crafts, silk flowers, jewelry making, art supplies, framing, glassware, wood working, metal art, lamp making and would like to share your talents with teaching a class or organizing an area please let us know. We are here to serve you – our community. We appreciate any comments, concerns and suggestions.
Thank you for your support!
Share the mission, Create the Vision, Reuse with purpose and Promote the people